Click Here To Learn About Membership Benefits
Wellington Art Society, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) corporation and contributions are deductible to the extent of federal law; Tax ID# 20-2246485.
About Wellington Art Society Scholarship
The Wellington Art Society accepts applications for several art scholarships that will be awarded to graduating seniors who live and attend high school in Palm Beach County. The scholarships are available to students planning a college major in visual arts at either a 2 or 4 year institution. Registration information will be sent to art teachers, guidance counselors, and principals at each school with information on how to register and apply. This year there will be a two- step process: First the student will register and receive a registration number and then the student will complete the Application Process.
The registration period will begin January 9 and last until January 31, 2023, after which the application process will be open until March 26, 2023. For those students who did not receive notification from their schools they can access the Registration form from this website. The form will be made available on this website on or about the first week of January.
General Steps and Criteria for the scholarship are as follows:
* Complete the Registration Form and email it per its instructions along with a letter of recommendation from
a school faculty member acting as your sponsor. Do this by January 31.
* Receive a Registration number and Application Form in return.
* Complete the Application Form and email it by March 26 based on the following criteria:
- Students must reside and go to school in Palm Beach County
- Students must be graduating in 2023
- Students must be planning on pursuing a visual arts degree
in a 2 or 4 year college or university starting in 2023
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA in visual arts and an overall GPA of 2.0
in their senior year of high school
- Students must provide an artist statement and career goals
- Students must provide up to 5 jpeg photographs of their art work.- Student must provide an
unofficial transcript from their school for GPA verification.
For additional information contact:
WAS Scholarship Chair- Barry Stefan 717-371-8690
The Wellington Art Society Scholarship Fund was established in 2001 and has provided many talented young artists with funds for their art related expenses, such as, art or photographic supplies, and books or tuition for visual arts classes. Proceeds from the Art Society’s art exhibitions, events, activities, and donations help support the scholarship fund.