1. Application to this program is limited to current, active Wellington Art Society members.
2. Artists’ work will be on display at the Wellington City Hall approximately four months or Community Center
for approximately three months.
3. The WAS Selection Committee and the Village of Wellington will be approving all art that will be
displayed. Nudes, political, or religious themed art will not be accepted.
4. Artwork for Wellington City Hall must be a minimum of 9”x12” , especially series work. Artwork for
Wellington Community Center must be a minimum of 16”x20”. Large artwork is encouraged for both
venues due to generous wall space.
a. The 2D artwork must be ready for hanging, with coated wire in back.
b. All artwork must be clearly labeled on the back with the artist’s name, title of the art, medium, dimensions and price.
c. All work must be framed (no glass) or gallery wrapped 1” or more, no visible staples
d. Art work NFS (not for sale) requires a price for insurance purpose.
5. 3D artwork may be submitted to be displayed on the Village of Wellington’s pedestals, which have a 16” square surface area, and are 48” high. Free-standing 3D artwork may also be submitted, with dimensions clearly stated.
6.The Wellington Art Society, the Village of Wellington, and/or its employees and/or its volunteers are not liable for any damaged or stolen property. The artist must provide his/her own liability insurance for artwork delivered for this project.
7. Artwork is left on a voluntary basis, with no promise of compensation.
8. The WAS will provide a title card for each piece of art, which will state: the title of the art, size, medium, artist name, price and WAS contact phone number. A book with artist bios and list of the art will be available in the Gallery. Your one page bio, should be up to date and provided; you may opt to include your business cards/ post cards/brochures for display. Optional: web address and or email may be included at your discretion .
9. Artwork may be available for sale. Inquiries about purchases will go to the Wellington Art Society and the artist will negotiate the final sale. The artist agrees that 20% commission on any sale will be paid to the WAS by the artist. If a piece of art is sold before the 3 or 4 month period ends, it will either stay hanging or be replaced by a comparable piece.
Up to 4 pieces of art may be submitted online. Please fill out the following Agreement Form, provide details
for each piece and upload a photo of each piece to the completed form. Please provide artist bio.
There is no change to the previous conditions for the exhibitions at the Wellington City Hall and Wellington Community Center. The only change is the ability to submit your exhibition agreement online and upload the photos of your artwork.
If you need to print and mail your application, please contact Susan Mosely 561-255-9112 to alert her of your submission.
Otherwise, we look forward to receiving your exhibition agreement and photos online. Please click on link above to submit.
Wellington Art Society City Hall / Community Center Art Shows
Agreement and Release Form "JOYFUL"
Exhibit runs from: 11/28/23-2/20/24 - Drop Off and Pick Up Times are 3pm - 4pm
This exhibition agreement is made by and between the Village of Wellington, The Wellington Art Society, and the undersigned artist for the following artwork and conditions:
In agreement with
Submit Agreement by: November 3, 2023
Click Here To Learn About Membership Benefits
Wellington Art Society, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) corporation and contributions are deductible to the extent of federal law; Tax ID# 20-2246485.